LANGUAGE TRAINING DEPARTMENT was created on the basis of the Order №9 dated 18.01.2010 of the Minsk state higher aviation College “On approval of the faculty of advanced training and retraining” and the law of the Republic of Belarus dated 11.07.2007 No. 252-3, “On higher education” and the Resolution of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated 18.01.2008 No. 68. Since 01.04.2015 in connection with the reorganization of MSHAC the Department is part of the faculty of civil aviation "Belarusian state Academy of aviation" and reports directly to the Dean of the FCA.
The Department is a training unit of BSAA, providing language training for cadets at the level of higher education I and II stages, as well as aviation specialists (flight attendants, engineering, flight and air traffic control) if necessary.
The activity of the Department is aimed at training specialists who will have deep theoretical knowledge, skills and practical skills of General conversational, professionally oriented, aviation English and phraseology of radio communication in the conduct of radio communication.
The main task of the Department is to organize and conduct educational, teaching and scientific-methodical work at all levels of language training.
The Department carries out its activities in accordance with the regulations and guidance materials of the Ministry of education, the Department of aviation of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry of transport and communications of the Republic of Belarus, the Charter of BSAA.
In accordance with the established procedure, the Department cooperates with foreign higher education institutions, research organizations and aviation enterprises.
The Department of language training is located in the Main academic building in classrooms 1305-1311 and is equipped with computer and multimedia technical means of training, language laboratories, as well as visual AIDS necessary to ensure the educational process.
The following disciplines are assigned to the Department:
- Foreign language (FL));
- Professionally oriented (PO);
- Aviation English language (AEL);
- Phraseology of radio exchange in English (PRE);
- Belarusian language (professional vocabulary);
- Russian as a foreign language (professional vocabulary);
- Russian as a means of communication;
- Russian as a means of professional communication;
- Speech culture (optional);
If necessary, the Department of language training can also provide refresher courses on language training of aviation personnel (Pilots, ATCs, Cadets), as well as final testing to determine the level of English proficiency not lower than “WORKING 4”, which is carried out in accordance with the instructions and recommendations of the ICAO & EUROCONTROL guidance documents.
Doc. 4444 ATM/501 Air Traffic Management, 2007
Doc. 9432 AN/925 - RadioTelephony Manual, 2007
Doc. 9835 AN/453 - Manual of Implementation of ICAO Language Proficiency certificate, 2010
The final test is conducted in the format of the PELTA test (Proficiency English Language Test for Aviation).
PELTA testing system (PELTA) is approved and accredited in accordance with the established procedure by the Department of aviation of the Republic of Belarus.
International cooperation-PLYMOUTH College, Britain
Occupation on Advanced Training Courses (leads the head of the Department)
In the classroom senior teacher Reut A. E.
In the classroom senior teacher Boiko T.I.
In the classroom senior teacher Politaeva O.S.
TEACHING STAFF OF THE DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGE TRAINING
All teachers of the Department, carrying out language training at the level of higher education I and II levels, have higher pedagogical or linguistic education (1-2 languages, profiling English) and work experience in the specialty of at least 5 years.
Teachers of the Department, carrying out language training on advanced training courses, have experience in the specialty for at least 7 years, certificates of international standard, confirming their level of proficiency in General spoken and aviation English and/or a master's degree in pedagogical or philological Sciences.
|Head of the Department since 2010
LAZOVSKY George Borisovich
phone 8017 392 02 97
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 08.30-15.30 office 1311, GUK
- Riga flight technical school of civil aviation, ATC dispatcher, Navigator VTA-1981
- Belarusian state University, faculty of geography-1991
- Minsk state Institute of teachers ' improvement and retraining of managers, English-2001
- Republican Institute of innovative technologies of BNTU, quality management of education in educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus-2011
- MLS College, Bournemouth, Britain - English for Aviation Staff - 1991
- Mayflower College, Plymouth, Britain - Aviation English Teacher-2011
Experience in aviation-20 years-dispatcher - instructor ATC (1978-1998)
Teaching experience-since 1998
- Belarusian state pedagogical University, English-2010
- Magistracy of BSPU-2016
- Minsk state linguistic University, English, German, Minsk-2010
- Magistracy of BSPU, Minsk-2013
MATSKEVICH Anna Mikhailovna
office 1307, Hooke
- Brest state University named after A. S. Pushkin, faculty of Philology-2007
- IPK and retraining of managers and specialists of UO " BrSU them. A. S. Pushkin", English-2008
- Magistracy of Belarusian state pedagogical University. M. Tank-2017
- SLI of FL, Minsk 1977
- International House, Minsk 2007
- Mayflower College, Plymouth, Britain - Aviation English Teacher-2010
GUK, office 1310
At the Department in 2019, two teaching AIDS edited by the head of the Department Lazovsky G. B. have been developed and are undergoing the procedure of marking.:
1) " Practical application of the rules of radio communication and phraseology of radio communication in English for pilots and air traffic controllers"
2)"Practical application of vocabulary and grammar of General spoken and aviation English for cadets and students of aviation specialties, providing disciplines "Aviation English" and "Phraseology of radio exchange".
In order to provide training on the basis of the language laboratories of the Department of YAK (1305-1306 YEARS), using the Internet and the site resource flightradar24.com the situational-virtual simulator for practical training of cadets of 3-5 courses of the speciality IS developed and passed approbation, providing disciplines:
- Air traffic control rules and procedures,
- Technology of the ATC controller,
- Rules of radio communication and flight procedures.
Presentation of situational-virtual training complex for practical initial training of cadets of the Department 07.10.2019
LANGUAGE TRAINING (ENGLISH) FOR CADETS AT THE LEVEL OF HIGHER EDUCATION (FIRST AND SECOND STAGES (MASTER'S DEGREE)) IS CARRIED OUT IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
|TMSAT(У)||1||1-E; 2-E||Foreign language (FL) (Elementary, Pre Intermediate, Intermediate)|
|2||3-C; 4-E||Aviation English language (AEL)|
|5||9-E||Phraseology of radio exchange (PRE)|
|2||3-C; 4-C||Professionally-oriented Aviation language (POAL)|
|3||5-C; 6-E||Professionally-oriented Aviation language (POAL)
|UAS(FCA)||1||1-C; 2-E||Foreign language (FL) (Elementary, Pre Intermediate, Intermediate)|
|TMEREE(Р)||1||1-C; 2-E||Foreign language (FL) (Elementary, Pre Intermediate, Intermediate)|
|2||3-C; 4-C||Professionally-oriented Aviation language (POAL)|
|3||5-E||Professionally-oriented Aviation language (POAL)|
|ТЭСНОП (В)||1||1-С; 2-E||Foreign language (FL) (Elementary, Pre Intermediate, Intermediate)|
|БАК (В)||1||1-C; 2-E||Foreign language (FL) (Elementary, Pre Intermediate, Intermediate)|
|БЛА (В)||1||1C; 2-E||Foreign language (FL) (Elementary, Pre Intermediate, Intermediate)|